United Nations Simulation Conference
United Nations Simulation Conference (UNSC) 2017
Click for: UNSC REGISTRTION FORM 2017
Click for: Rules and Procedures
Click for: UNSC Presentation
Click for UNSC Responses
A. Event Details
This year UNSC will be conducted in two phases –
1. First phase will be conducted in the school premises (GEMS Our Own Indian School) on November 19, 2017. This will be a training session for the Final phase. Please note that this phase is not a competition round. There will be no elimination for this round. However, judges would acknowledge the good performance by delegates. There would be two committees for this phase
- UNESCO - Every school will be allotted one country in UNESCO. The country will be same as selected by the school for General Assembly.
- Economic and Social Council – There are only 15 countries allotted. Every school can send two delegates as double delegation representing one country. The allotment will be based on ‘first come first serve’. The country will be same as selected by the school for Security Council.
- Delegates would submit draft resolutions related to the topics by October 20, 2017.
2. Second Phase – This phase will be conducted at Atlantis the Palm: Dubai, in conjunction with GESF 2018 on 17 and 18 March 2018.
- Day 1 General Assembly (17/03/2018) - Every school will be allotted one country in General Assembly.
- Day 2 Security Council (18/03/2018) - There are only 15 countries allotted. Every school can send two delegates as double delegation representing one country. The allotment will be based on ‘first come first serve’. The schools, who would register late, will be allotted countries only in General Assembly.
B. Document Submission
1. Each delegate is required to prepare draft resolutions and position papers on all three topics suggested for the committees represented by the delegate.
- Draft resolutions should not exceed more than four perambulatory and eight operative clauses (Font size – 12, font type –Calibri).
- Position paper - Font size – 12, Font type – Calibri which should not exceed 750 words
- Delegates must specify the source of their information provided in the draft resolutions and position paper.
2. Last date of submission of Draft Resolutions and Position Papers will be 10th December, 2017 (for the main event)
3. Last date of submission of Draft Resolutions and Position Papers will be 15th October, 2017 (for the First Phase)
- Dress Code for the UNSC will be strictly the ethnic attire of the country represented or formal.
- Visa arrangements in the case of out station schools will be the responsibility of the participating school.
First Phase – 19/11/2017
- Preservation of indigenous languages
- Physical Education and Sport – Developing a comprehensive vision of inclusive access for all
- Journalistic Responsibility and the fight against the spread of false information online
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services
- Fostering global cooperation to tackle poverty and underdevelopment.
- Combating the global wage gap
General Assembly – 17/03/2018
- Inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Denial of Right to education
- Having no teacher, or having an untrained teacher
- Gender inequality
- Refugee Crisis in Europe –
- Obligation to provide asylum to refugee
- Obligation towards its own citizens, ensuring their safety, sovereignty, and cultural integrity
Security Council – 18/03/2018
- Cyber data hijacking – safety of data/information online.
- Dangerous flashpoints
- USA vs North Korea;
- India vs Pakistan;
- China and the maritime disputes
- Growing Terrorism in the world
- New breeding grounds in Europe.