POINTS OF INFORMATION
The registration for the countries will be online. Each school will be allowed to send a delegation comprising six members. The country allotment will be based on first come first-serve.
Instructions for accessing the link for registration
- Registration link – https://forms.gle/KXYeqxXz2HRzsKrx5
- The link for registration, background guides, country matrix and rules and procedures will be available on our school website.
Log on to – http://www.gemsoo-alquoz.com
Under ‘Student Life > Events’ select – UNSC.
- Countries will be allotted by the host school once the registration is over.
The six committees of UNSC 2020 and seats available per committees are as follows:
- Disarmament and International Security Committee (GA-1) - 35
- Security Council (SC) - 15
- Human Right Council (HRC) - 30
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) - 30
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) - 30
- World Health Organisation (WHO) - 30
- Kindly note that there are only 15 seats available in Security Council. Therefore, it will be on first come first serve. The schools registering after the seats filled in Security Council will be allotted seats in other committees.
- Each delegate is required to prepare draft resolutions and position papers on the two topics assigned for the committees represented by the delegate.
Draft resolutions should not exceed more than four preambulatory and eight operative clauses (Font size – 12, font type –Calibri).
Position paper - Font size – 12, Font type – Calibri which should not exceed 750 words
Source of their information - Delegates must specify the source of their information provided in the draft resolutions and position paper.
- All sessions will be held online, platform and other details will be informed later. Delegates must ensure that their cameras and microphones are working properly. It is mandatory for all delegates to switch on their cameras all times.
- Dress Code for the UNSC will be strictly formal or the ethnic attire of the country represented.
- Last date of submission of Draft Resolutions and Position Papers will be 30th October, 2020
Disarmament and International Security Committee (GA-1)
- Neo-Colonialism and its impact on international peace and security.
- The establishment of a nuclear-weapons-free zone in the Middle-East.
- Humanitarian exemption in sanctioned regimes
- Protracted conflicts in the GUAM region (Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Moldova) and its implications on international peace and security.
Human Rights Council (HRC)
- The issue of humanitarian cleansing.
- Human rights violations in prison systems.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- The protection of journalists and their rights in areas of conflicts.
- The ethical dilemma of genetic engineering
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- The growing implications of Dark web and it’s prevalence in today’s society
- Counterfeit goods and their large public demand; with special emphasis on medical supplies and basic essentials
World Health Organization
- Developing an international framework to deal with future pandemics
- Addressing the mental health situation in urban and metropolitan areas