All students are eligible for admission to GEMS Our Own Indian School if it is believed that the school can meet their particular needs. GEMS Our Own Indian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, colour, gender, or national origin and seeks to accept all qualified students who apply.
OIS promotes inclusion by welcoming all children. The school admits pupils irrespective of their gender, race, disability, or special educational needs, provided that there are good prospects of meeting their needs without unduly prejudicing the education and welfare of other pupils. School has come up with an effective model of Inclusive Education which not only benefit students with difficulties, but also create an environment in which every student, including those who do not have difficulty, has the opportunity to flourish. No student is refused admission based only on their experience of SEND.
Children with special needs will be considered for admission on an equal basis with all other children according to the criteria set out in the school’s admission policy taking into account the suitability of the child to mainstream education and availability of resources and facilities to meet that child’s needs.
All applicants for places at GEMS Our Own Indian School will be required to undertake a placement test which will be marked by staff in school and will influence where a successful applicant is placed within the school.
Placement in all classes will be made by the Principal on the basis of the child's previous educational record, the assessment of the school, and by age. The initial placement is tentative and the school may reassess the child's placement after the child's abilities & behavioral issues have been thoroughly observed in class or through additional testing.
Applications for admission can only be accepted when all documentation required is made available to the school.
For all grades, Online registration for admission to the new academic year commences from October/November, each year. In all cases, admission procedures laid down by the KHDA have to be adhered to.
Students will have to be enrolled online prior to the admission.
- Application Fee of AED 500 + VAT will be charged for the assessment process.
- Registration Deposit(Non-refundable) of 10% of the total tution fees is charged at the time of admission and is deductible from the total tution fees for the academic year.
- For admissions to KG 1 - The child must be 4 years old by 31st March.
- For admission to KG 2 - The child must be 5 years old by 31st March.
- For Admissions to Grade 1 - The child must be 6 years old by 31st March.
On acceptance, the Admission Forms will need to be completed. For more information on the documents required by the school for your child’s admission, please consult the Admissions Policy.
Documents to be submitted with the Admission Forms
- Three copies of the student’s passport with the valid visa of the UAE.
- Four recent photographs of the child (6x4 cm size) and one stamp-size photograph for the bus card.
- One photocopy of the Birth Certificate in English or Arabic. (Original must be attached along with for verification).
- One copy of the Student's & Parent's Emirates ID.
- Original Emirates ID of the Student and both Parents for KHDA Registration (Will be returned immediately after the On-Line Registration in the KHDA System).
- Photocopy of the original mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school.
- New students from outside Dubai and entering Grade 2 /Year 3 and above must have a transfer certificate from their last Grade/Year of enrolment. If this certificate is from another country, endorsements and ratifications must be provided according to the table below :
|If students are transferring from..||This is what they’ll need on their transfer certificate:|
|Another Emirate in the UAE or any GCC country||
1. School Principal’s Signature and School Stamp
2. Attestation by the Educational Authority in that Emirate or attestation by the Ministry of Education in the GCC country
|North America, Western Europe and Australia||1. School Principal’s Signature and School Stamp|
|Middle East (excluding the UAE), South and Central America, Asia, Russia and former Russian States, Eastern Europe, Africa and New Zealand||
1. School Principal’s Signature and School Stamp
2. Attestation by the Ministry of Education in the country of origin.
3. Attestation by UAE Consulate or Embassy in the origin country OR by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.
The school insists that every student should posses a valid health card as required by the health authorities.
The department of Health and Medical Service provides the necessary immunisation to the students according to the immunisation schedules followed by them. However, those who do not possess vaccination cards are vaccinated on the basis of their previous medical records, submitted by the parents to the school nurse, with the exception of KG students who are not given vaccination in school.
A copy of the Child’s Vaccination Card/Copy of the Medical Record from the previous school must be attached to the Medical Dossier, duly filled by the parent and submitted to the Nurse at the time of admission.
Procedure for Withdrawal
Transfer Certificate/Leaving Certificate has to be applied on-line through My Learning-Oasis.
Parents are advised to give at least a month’s notice to the school authorities while applying for the Transfer Certificate or the School Leaving Certificate.
On collection of the Transfer Certificate, parents are advised to collect the Medical Record of their ward from the School Nurse at the Medical Room.