POINTS OF INFORMATION
The registration for the countries will be online. Each school will be allowed to send a delegation comprising six members. The country allotment will be based on first come first-serve as well as the delegates’ prior MUN experience.
Instructions for accessing the link for registration
- Registration link – https://forms.gle/3xYTufPrB93iTckq6
- The link for registration, background guides, country matrix and rules and procedures will be available on our school website.
- Log on to – http://www.gemsoo-alquoz.com
- Under ‘News and Events’ select – UNSC.
- Countries will be allotted by the host school once the registration is over.
- The five committees of UNSC 2021 and seats available per committees are as follows:
- General Assembly (GA) - 35
- Security Council (SC) - 15
- Historic Security Council (HSC) - 15
- European Union (EU) - 15
- United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) - 25
- United Nations Simulation Conference 2021 will be taking part in the MUN Refugee Challenge 2021, an initiative of the UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency. The best resolutions in the UNHCR committee in UNSC 2021 will win awards and be shared with policymakers.
- Kindly note that there are only 15 seats available in certain committees in the conference as mentioned above. Therefore, it will be on first come first serve.
- Each delegate is required to prepare draft resolutions and position papers on the two topics assigned for the committees represented by the delegate.
- Draft resolutions should not exceed more than four pre-ambulatory and eight operative clauses (Font size – 12, font type – Calibri).
- Position paper - Font size – 12, Font type – Calibri which should not exceed 750 words
- Source of their information - Delegates must specify the source of their information provided in the draft resolutions and position paper.
- Dress Code for the UNSC will be strictly formal or the ethnic attire of the country represented.
- Last date of submission of Draft Resolutions and Position Papers will be 30th October, 2021.
General Assembly (GA)
- The Question of Military Use of Artificial Intelligence
Mental Health Awareness and Improving International Response to Mental Health Crises
Security Council (SC)
Promoting Transitional Justice Systems
Conflict in the Tigray Region
Historic Security Council (HSC)
- Cuban Missile Crisis (October 1962)
- The Dissolution of Yugoslavia (April 1992)
European Union (EU)
- The Silent European Economic Crisis and Its Repercussions on the Global Market
- Addressing the European Migrant Crisis; With Special Emphasis on the Dublin Regulation
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Refugees and the Impact of Covid-19
- Empowering Refugees through Technology
Background Guides to UNSC
(To be uploaded at a date closer to the conference)